History and Experience
The Pueblo Inglés project was created as a complementary tool to traditional English-teaching methods. Many Spaniards had reported that their hundreds of hours of traditional class did not prepare them for putting their language skills into practice. The frustration and anxiety that they felt while trying to express themselves had to be addressed! As a result, the Pueblo Inglés was born.
Valdelavilla, was the chosen location for its launch. This charming village would offer true English immersion in the heart of Spain. Since then, more than 15,000 volunteers have participated in more than 700 programs. Pueblo Inglés still provides the perfect environment for students to improve their communication skills tremendously; and all thanks to the thousands of English-speaking natives that come from all over the world. Thank you!
The tremendous success of that first pilot program was followed by many more. These additions broaden the range of spectacular locations which foster this unique English language experience. These venues are also used to host a range of special editions such as Pueblo Ingles for Teens, Pueblo Ingles for Doctors and special programs for ESL Teachers in Spain.
Our world has changed a great deal in recent years but one of the biggest developments has been the ease with which we can now communicate with people all over the world. This is something that we value and embrace at Pueblo Ingles. Hence, the growth and expansion of our horizons by adding new languages to our tremendously successful program.
And that’s not all. We have also taken our unique course models overseas, where they have proved to be just as effective and popular. We are no longer just in Spain; you can find us in Germany too. Who knows where the future will bring us?
From this evolution, Diverbo was born – a new name conveying diversity, fun and language – the foundations of the natural learning-environment with which we wish to reach children, teenagers, adults and companies, in five different languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Chinese.
Diverbo: a place where you can teach and learn languages according to your needs; where you can study using different formats, adapted to your needs; and where you can find residential programs, online tuition and face-to-face classes, all customised to suit your availability, your level, and your needs.
We look forward to telling you more!
Signed: Sonia Palacios, Pueblo Inglés Co-founder
Tips, fun facts and figures
- More than 43,000 people have attended the Pueblo Inglés immersion program. Approximately 1 million hours of English have been spoken in this program. That’s more than 100 years without a moment’s silence!
- More than 18.000 kids and teenagers have immersed themselves in English at our summer programs: Pueblo Inglés Teens and Aldea Inglesa Kids.
- More than 2.000 Spanish students have stayed in Villa Inglesa with our teachers.
- In 2015 alone, we carried out over 1000 tests to assess the level of English of our future students.
- More than 750 people have dramatically improved their English with our different Master’s in English programs.